Saturday, April 07, 2007

Pat the Bat!

I missed all but two middle innings of last night's game, having been at the gym and then at a sports bar where it was not shown. But when Moyer gives up two over six, Burrell goes 2 for 2 with RISP and the Phillies cruise 8-2 on the road against the annoying Fish, I know it was a good night.

Myers goes tonight, and I'll be watching. I have a feeling that if the bats get going just a little better, Myers and Hamels are going to produce a lot of back-to-back win scenarios to take the sting out of the occasional preceding sweep.

1 comment:

BookBabe said...

I missed some comment of Pat's that implied "I can take your crap, Phillies fans!" - Macnow and his partner were talking about it this morning - compared it to Schmidt wearing a red wig, or Dick Allen writing his name in the dirt around the first base bag. I hope he continues to be hot and shuts those idiots up. Yeah, and let's boo the MVP in the second game of the season when he strikes out. Very classy. It almost makes me not want to go to the park.