Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Burrell, etc.

Mike Schmidt hones his God-given ability to not leave well enough alone. I guess it's good for him to soften his comments about Burrell, but he clearly meant what he said before and he should have enough respect for Burrell as a man to stick to his accusation of "mediocrity." Which is a little harsh, but not far off.

Sheridan takes a more historical tack, and indirectly chastises Philadelphia fans for the millionth time. Old news, Philly-boy.

Finally, Burrell says his foot feels good -- I have totally not heard that before, or something -- and Schmidt thinks McGwire should apologize for his testimony to Congress. Hey, one of these days your advice will be taken in the spirit in which it's offered, right Mike?

1 comment:

BookBabe said...

Yeah, I'd really like to just have my memories of the terrific player Schmidt was and just have him SHUT UP from now on. He's still mad about being booed 25 years ago.

I still believe in Burrell. His upside can be great, and even if it's not, there are enough good players surrounding him. I am more concerned with the bullpen.