Tuesday, February 20, 2007

New caps!

Here's a bunch of links to atone for my inattentiveness:

  • Sheep baa in appreciation of MLB's new headgear policy.
  • Time to snap up passes to one-night stands.
  • A breaking story from the AP: Apparently it has been a long time since the Phillies attended the postseason. Huh.
  • Nice work if you can get it, but on the Phillies, it'll be harder than usual for some marginal big-leaguers.
  • Jayson Werth shares a cringe-worthy anecdote about bones breaking.
  • I'm clearly stealing my bulleted-links style from this man, whose blog you'll need an ESPN Insider account to read in full. That's true of a lot of the good stuff on this site, and I pay 75 cents a week for the privilege. I don't think that's too steep, and as someone who hopes to eventually write for a paper with a solid online business model of paid subscription, I want to be able to put my money where my mouth is. Or something.
  • A familiar mug, sans moustache, weighs in on a Phils team whose confidence has surged.
  • The onetime gold standard in center field is entering his contract year and looking beyond Atlanta. I would not bet against a 45 HR-120 RBI-.280 AVG campaign.
  • Another Drabek!

1 comment:

BookBabe said...

I read a nice thing about Drabek and how he is being mentored by Jamie Moyer. Warms the heart, don't it?